Monday, October 6, 2008

The first attempt!

The number one principle that I just had to try is to take the baby to pee right after they awaken, because babies will rarely pee in deep sleep. Before they pee, they will generally begin to wake up and may start squirming or crying.

So the next afternoon after rereading portions of the book, I waited for Evi to wake up from a nap. When she did, I (feeling slightly - no, very foolish) began to remove her diaper and carry her to the bathroom. There, I suspended her over the toilet and began to wait... quite prepared for nothing to happen. Before I had time to blush, embarrassed at the failure of my silly, silly ideas, I heard a tiny tinkle-tinkle-tinkle. To top it off, Evi immediately finished it off with a grand POOOOP.

I felt a quiver in my gut. What had just happened? Surely it could not have worked on the first try! But I had the proof in the potty. Whoa.

So, for the historical record, Evi utilized the potty for her first time on her one month birthday - August 22, 2008.

1 comment:

Idyllic Youth said...

I'm so happy for you and your daughter. Congrats on the 1st catch! For the last month or so, poops have been the easiest, pees were a bit elusive. Now, my daughter only poops once ever 3-4 days so we usually catch pees every day.