Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Getting peed on...

I missed blogging all of last week! I will do better than that! I promise. Now I have to update you. Last week was kind of busy, so we didn't go diaper free very much, but I still took Evi to the potty when I thought about it. Sunday and Thursday I got peed on (I hear you snickering.). Sunday, I am convinced she peed on me out of spite. Five minute previously, I had given her a chance to use the potty; she politely declined. I then proceeded to clean her eye mucous, which she hates. She quickly put a stop to that by emptying her bladder onto my lap. Little stinker.

The Thursday pee was more caused by my not paying attention. We had been airing out her little bum (the more I diaper it, the more dry her skin becomes), and I was distracted by cooking. When I set her on my lap, she peed on me! I have found that if I set her on the potty about every 30 minutes, she is normally ready to give a little pee.

On Saturday, we went for our first little car trip. River turned four and we celebrated in North Carolina at a park. The trip took the entire day and Evi had only three potty opportunities; 9:00 AM, 5:00 PM, and 10 PM. The cool part was she didn't poop in her diaper once, only in the potty on those rare opportunites.

She isn't arching her back anymore like she had been. That makes things a little easier.

No comments: