Friday, October 31, 2008

Writer's Block

It is getting harder to blog this experience. I don't want to get redundant. So great; Evi pees in the potty! What now? It's been a great week for it though. I've been dabbling in the thought of trying it while we are out and about town, but I don't think we will for a while. Maybe when the duration between pees gets a bit longer. We are still at about 30 - 35 minutes between potty breaks, unless she is napping; then, she can go a couple hours.

BTW, I have been realizing that we are down to using about 1-2 diapers a day when we are home most of the day - one overnight and one if we go out for a bit. What a cost savings! We haven't bought diapers in a while!

So, since I would love to make a convert, let me tell you - if you want to save money on diapers, try just catching a few pees or poops! Each one you catch is a diaper saved. Sweet!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm.... 1-2 diapers a day? How long before Evi starts talking? I need her to come over and convince Dylan that all the cool kids pee-pee in the potty.

Idyllic Youth said...

That is awesome that you are having such a successful experience. Even on our best days, Keller and I don't ever only use 2 diapers. Our best day yet, yielded only 5 diapers. She broke her "no poopy diapers" streak today. I was cooking and don't know if she tried to signal at all. She was shouting, but I don't know if that started when she pooped or before.

Meg said...

I started Karis on the potty today! She thinks its great fun, but doesn't understand she is supposed to pee or poop yet. In fact, I'm convinced she is purposefully waiting til after she gets her diaper back on! Oh, well. At least she likes sitting on it. Thats a start, right?
Meg

Anonymous said...

I know what you can do so you aren't redundant...post lots of pictures!!! :)

Anita